To see the latest market trends for Lawton, click here.
Lawton, Oklahoma, with a population of roughly 93,000 residents, is located just 90 miles southwest of Oklahoma City. The home of the U.S. Army's Field Artillery and Air Defense Artillery, Fort Sill, is located just north and adjacent to Lawton. As one of Forbes' Best Small Places for Business and Careers, Lawton is proud to be home to Cameron University, one of the largest Goodyear Tire production facilities, and Republic Paper. Lawton is also home to the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge, an award-winning wildlife sanctuary. To learn more about living and working in the Lawton, Oklahoma, community, click here.
Quick Facts About Lawton
- Lawton was established August 6, 1901, and was named after Major General Henry Ware Lawton.
- Lawton is home to three high schools, four middle schools, and eighteen elementary schools, as part of the Lawton Public School District.
- Lawton has two major hospitals: Comanche County Memorial Hospital and Southwestern Medical Center.
- Lawton's largest employers include Goodyear Tire Company, Fort Sill and Republic Paper.
- Lawton is a Certified Healthy Living Community, receiving the recognition in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- As of late 2018, the cost of living was 12% below the national average.
- Lawton is surrounded by three major lakes: Lake Lawtonka, Lake Ellsworth and Elmer Thomas Lake.
- There are over 50 parks in Lawton, the largest of which is Elmer Thomas Park on the northeast side of town. There is nearly one park for every community.
- There are nine recognized bicycle routes throughout the city, which all include appropriate lane designation and signage.
- Lawton has its own regional airport, which operates three daily flights to Dallas on American Airlines.
Properties for Sale in Lawton
|All Listings||Under $100,000||$100,000 - $200,000|
|$200,000 - $300,000||$300,000 - $400,000||$400,000 - $500,000|
|$500,000 - $600,000||$600,000 - $700,000||$900,000 - $1,000,000|
Properties for Sale in Lawton
Users may not reproduce or redistribute the data found on this site. The data is for viewing purposes only. Data is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
The photos used on this page are used under Fair Use Law. It is not known whether the photographers or organizations highlighted approve or disapprove of Real Estate Experts, their employees, or the services provided. Photos included on this page were selected because they are a fair representation of the area being discussed.
Data last updated: April 11th, 2021 at 11:13am CDT and updating occurs up to every 15 minutes.
The information being provided by the Lawton Board of REALTORS® is exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
Copyright© Lawton Board of REALTORS®. All Rights Reserved.